Sunday, April 13, 2014

What I CAN Do

It has been three months since I "revived" this blog. . . hahahahahaha. . . .(breathes deeply) ahahahahahah. . . .

Okay.

Yep.  So much for revival.

Anyway, an update:  Today I have lost 75 pounds and currently weigh (as of last Monday) 170 pounds!  I'm getting so close to my goal weight.  What can I do that I couldn't before?  Well, here's a list of what I can think of right away:

Sleep without lower back pain
Hop out of bed without joint pain
Run up my stairs and not be out of breath
Cross my legs
Wear a size Medium shirt
Run without knee, ankle, or hip pain
Do burpees
Say "No" to cookies, treats, and sugary items
Say "No" to French fries
Make a quiche
Cook gluten-free breakfasts
Get up off the floor or couch without grunting
Hug my husband and have his hands go all the way around my waist
Feel my jaw and collar bones
Go down the slide at the playground
Get my kids to eat vegetables (well, except for #2 -- he's still a toddler and picky!)

Just after I posted in January, I decided to become a Health Coach.  I made my decision for several reasons.  First, I want to prove to myself and those who know me that I can overcome my greatest weaknesses (food addiction, lack of self-control) and can put them behind me; I want to reach the potential that I believe God sees in me.  Second, I want to pay it forward to my family and friends to see them get healthy and find the confidence that I have.  Thirdly, I want to prove that if I can dream it, I can be it.  If I can be it, I can share it.  If I can share it, I can make a difference.  If I can make a difference, so can you. 

I was terrified to become a Health Coach because I wasn't at my goal weight, I didn't want to sound salesy, and I wasn't sure I knew what I was doing.  However, venturing out into this new world, I found friends who love and support me because they, too, have ventured into this role.  My own health coach has reminded me of my strengths.  You know the most amazing thing, my weaknesses are strengths in their own ways, but it's how I USE them that makes them strengths or weaknesses.  My mind was blown when that truth finally dawned on me.  If you get out of your own way, you'll be amazed at what you can accomplish!

In good news, I now have 15 clients that I get to share their own health journeys!  I'm honored to walk this path with them as they get healthy and change their lives.  I hope they find what I have!

This journey has been amazing, difficult, and yet wonderful.  I still have much to work on and accomplish, but I'm finally seeing that when you do venture out, you do gain something!  

And it's NOT over yet!  Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment